State of the church Address
Church is in good hands:
Ephesians 1:22 (ESV)
And he (our Father) put all things under his (Jesus’) feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.
Ephesians 5:22-27 (ESV)
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. 25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, 26 that he (Christ) might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.
Colossians 1:16-20 (ESV)
For by him (Christ) all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. 19 For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.
Matthew 16:18 (ESV)
He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
A2 – Acts 2:42-47 (ESV)
And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. 43 And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. 44 And all who believed were together and had all things in common. 45 And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. 46 And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved. – (Board in Hallway)
Matthew 28:18-20 (ESV)
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
“A Place to Come to Life”
John 14:6 (ESV)
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
This is a biblical blueprint modeled by Jesus and followed by His church. It is a discipleship process and gives individuals opportunities to grow into maturity in the Lord. It is also a journey which allows people to enter and grow at their own pace. (Illus: You Are Here)
John 1:37-39 (ESV)
The two disciples heard him (John) say this, and they followed Jesus. 38 Jesus turned and saw them following and said to them, “What are you seeking?” And they said to him, “Rabbi” (which means Teacher), “where are you staying?” 39 He said to them, “Come and you will see.” So they came and saw where he was staying, and they stayed with him that day, for it was about the tenth hour.
Matthew 4:19 (ESV)
And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
Matthew 11:28-30 (ESV)
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Jesus said – Come follow me, Come and you will see, Come to me. Now as His followers and witnesses we invite others to COME!
We invite others outside His Kingdom in.
Of course our lives and the way we live them in following Jesus should be contagious and express “come”, but we must intentionally invite others into the body life that they might see a fuller expression of His love in action and believe.
Practically – be a missionary in your neighborhood, be a servant in your home and at work and school. Be persistent in your pursuit, in the manner and way that Jesus pursued you. Invite others to church!
Connect – with Christ and His local body.
This is an opportunity we offer once a quarter, (Sunday, April 19th) after service during brunch in classroom #1, for those who would like to know more about who we are as a local body of believers.
The purpose of this gathering is information, clarification and unification.
The topics discussed our:
- A2 – who we are and a picture of how we live and love each other.
- Our Mission – Matthew 28:18-20
- Our Vision – “A Place to Come to Life”
- Our yearly themes – Radical Surrender
- Our Values
- What we believe
- The Gospel, Baptism and membership
- Our Leadership
- Our History
- Pastor’s heart – Testimony
- Missions – local, domestic and international
- How do you get involved
- Ministries and studies available
Our next C is Covenant and before we can covenant with a local body of believers we must first enter into the New Covenant through Jesus the Christ and follow through with baptism.
Covenant (2x/yr.)– Wed. May 6th, 13th and 20th
- This is our membership component
- Membership Dinner (2x/yr.) – March 1st
- Membership Matters
- Ministry Moments
- New Members
- Staff Updates
- Discipleship Essentials – After covenant you will be encouraged to join a Discipleship group before potentially being invited into Calling – our leadership development approach.
Calling – Currently on the 3rd Thursday Nights
- This is our leadership training and development
Every fall our leadership gathers to pray and discern…..
- Live 2 Give / Each One Reach One
- Live Love / Devoted / Saved 2 Serve
- Faith in Action / BLESS / Living Loved
Luke 9:23-27 (ESV)
And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. 25 For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself? 26 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.
Acts 20:24 (ESV)
But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
Galatians 2:20 (ESV)
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
New Leadership Structure
- Lead & Feed
- Rob Harlen – Teaching Team – Stand
- Tom Bradwell – Teaching Team
- Buck Mills – Life Group leader / Hospitality
- Jerry Hurt – NLS, Overcomers & Chaplin
- Colin Munroe
- Dennis Taylor – Elder Emaritus – 16 years
- Care & Connect
- Care Couples
- Tom & Daisy
- John & Mary Beth
- Ray & Mary
- Buck & Dianna
- Jerry & Leigh Anne
- Colin & Sheba
- Care Couples
- Tech Team – Director – Braun Zimmerman
- Marie, Colette, Lisette
- Tom Bradwell – Staff Pastor
- Buck Mills – Dir. of Student Ministry – Prayer
- Sheba – Children’s Minister
- (37) Sunday, Wednesday, Friday
- VBS – June 22nd – 26th
- SL Camp in summer – July 12th – 15th
- Mariah/Bre – Children’s Ministry Assistant
- Marty – Music Ministry
- Richard, Ken, Steve P, Diana, Laurie, Margie & Rob H. – Bill H.
- Lisette – Pastoral Administrative Assistant
- John Gable – maintenance
- Sally & Linda – Custodial Engineers
- Pastor – Colin
- Ministry Leaders
- Colette – Woman’s Ministry
- Rob Butz – Welcome Ministry
- Ray & Mary
- Jerry & Leigh Anne
- Jerry Hurt – NLS & Overcomers
- Website & Recordings – Steve Oppel
- Brandy M – Awana
- Awana Team
- Hospitality/ Sunday Brunch – Buck
- Jen Z, Linda, Judy, Leigh Anne, Jerry, Sharon, Kathy, Ray & Mary
- International Missions – Sharon Ballard
- Meets once a quarter
- Card Ministry – Lorrie L. & Mary
- Operation Christmas Child – Roxanne T.
- Backpack Ministry – Sandy Gable (finance)
- Judy K & Diane Moody
On Campus every week for children
- Spanish Classes
- Tutoring – Math Table – Marlena M.
- Keys 4 Kids – Sheba
- Men’s Ministry
- Nursing Homes
- Senior Care Team
Missions – 10%
- NSL – Jerry Hurt
- Walk 4 Life – May 9th
- Passages of Hope
- Thomas Stallings
- CEF / FCA
- Samaritan’s Purse
- Grace Falls – Atlantic City, NJ
- SP – Horry County, SC – 6/27th – 7/4th
- Hurricane Florence – September 2018
- National Weather Service called it “a storm of a lifetime”
- International – Sharon Ballard
- 8 International Missionaries – Brochure
- Visit our International Missionaries
- Adoption packets
- We have a Balanced budget and Debt free
- Gifts and offerings – box in back
- Benevolence – Monica
- Reserves and Renovations
- Gifts, tithes and offerings
- Last year’s budget review
- Last year’s projects completed
- Lighting – John Gable – maintenance
- Trees – Joseph Tavares
- This year’s projects
- Campus wide WiFi – Braun & John G.
- Roof & Insulation – Est. approved
- Windows – est. last Friday
- Parking lots
- A/C – classrooms – est. coming /Reserves!
- Men’s Ministry – Breakfast and Conference April 4th
- Life Groups
- Monday Night – Overcomers
- Tuesday – Overcomers / Cross Training
- Wednesday Night – Center Point / Ms. Helen’s
- Thursday – Prayer @ Ms. Judy’s (1st & 3rd)
- Woman’s studies
- Discipleship Essentials
- Calling – Leadership Essentials
- Friday – Men’s Breakfast – 8a @ Chick-Fila
- Awana – Parent Classes / Marriage
- Sunday 9a – Get Ready / Student Ministry
- Abide / Remain
- Love God / Love One Another
- Guard unity
- Prayer for each other
Closing Prayer – Stand and join hands